How to prepare Sambharam recipe
Sambharam is none other than spiced and flavoured buttermilk is a famous Kerala drink which was traditionally served to guests. It is also served as part of the Kerala Sadya. It’s a refreshing and cool for hot summer days as well as aids digestion.
It has many variations in many parts of India such as masala mor(thalicha mor) from Tamil Nadu, spicy lassi from Punjab, chaas (chaach) from Gujarat and Rajasthan etc.
Curd (Yogurt) – 1 cup
Water – 2 cups (to make buttermilk)
(You could also use store bought buttermilk/yogurt)
Green Chillies – 2-3 nos
Ginger – 1″ piece
Cilantro – 2-3 stems
Curry Leaves – 5-6 leaves
- Crush the ginger, green chillies and cilantro and pestle or using the pulse mode of mixie.
- Beat the curd nicely and add water to it.
- Mix up the curd water mixture nicely with the help of hand blender or spoon.
- Add the crushed mixture, curry leaves and salt and mix it together.
- Serve on a hot summer day as a refreshing drink or have it some plain rice.
Make a seasoning of mustard seeds, cumin seeds, dry red chillies and some curry leaves and add to the sambharam. This adds good flavour to the sambharam.