How to prepare Pineapple Pulissery
Pulissery is made up with Kerala curry made up with curd. It’s served as last curry for Onam Sadhya and Vishu before serving up for pradhaman (desert).
Pulissery is made with various vegetables. The vegetable is first cooked up with salt and turmeric powder. A ground paste of coconut, cumin seeds, garlic and green chilly is said to be added. After that beaten curd is said to be added and cooked at low flame for about few minutes. Finally a seasoning is done with the aromatic coconut oil.
Preparation Time: 10 mins
Cooking Time: 15 mins
- Pineapple – 1 cup (chopped)
- Turmeric powder – 1/4 tbsp
- Salt – as needed
- Yogurt (Curd) – 1 cup
- Grated coconut – 1/3 cup
- Green chilies – 2-3
- Cumin seeds – 1 tbsp
- Coconut oil – 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds – 1/2 tbsp
- Fenugreek seeds – 1/4 tbsp
- Dry Red chilies – 2
- Curry leaves – few
- Cut the upper crown and lower up the stem of pineapple. Just use a sharp knife and cut the skin of pineapple then remove its eyes.
- Cut up into long strips and discard up the thick core. Chop it into small pieces.
- Grind up the green chilies, coconut and cumin seeds with some water to become smooth paste.
- Beat the curd well and make it ready.
- Cook pineapple pieces with about 1/4 cup water, turmeric powder and salt.
- After about 5 to 7 mins when pieces are to be soft, add ground coconut paste
- Reduce its flame to low and then cook for about 2-3 minutes.
- Switch off it and then add beaten curd to it.
- In another small pan, just add coconut oil and when it’s hot, just pop mustard seeds.
- Add the fenugreek seeds, dry red chilies and curry leaves into the hot oil.
- Switch off and add aromatic seasoning to the pineapple pulissery.