How to prepare Parippu Payasam
1/4 cup Moong dal
1 tblsp Channa dal
1 big Coconut (grate the same and keep aside)
3/4 cup Jaggery
Sliced coconut bits
1 tblsp Ghee
1 Velchi banana
- Mixer one cup of grated coconut with water for about 3-4 seconds. Extract about 1st coconut milk and keep aside
- Add 2 cups of water to it and mixer it for about 4-5 seconds and extract the second milk and keep aside. Your first and second milk is ready
- Dry roast all the moong dal and channa dal separately until it becomes golden brown (do not burn ). Soak them in water for about 5 minutes.
- Was and add cups of water and pressure cook it for one whistle.
- Remove it from the cooker and then add second milk and boil it for another 10 minutes.
- Melt the jaggery with little amount of water, remove the impurities if any and add it to boiling mixture
- When its well blended then make it to boil for another 10 minutes
- Add the first coconut milk, cardamom powder and remove it from the gas. After adding first coconut milk then do not boil.
- Garnish it with cashew and coconut bits and fried in ghee.
- Serve hot or cold as you wish with Velchi Banana pieces
- Please note that over a period of time, the kheer might thicken.