How to make Mysore Bonda
Preparation time 15 minutes
Cooking time 20 minutes
Recipe will serve 6.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (plain flour, maida)
- 1/4 cup rice flour
- 1 tbsp salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 cup yogurt (curd) sour yogurt works the best
- 3/4 cups of water
- 1 tbsp ginger finely chopped
- 1 tbsp green chili finely chopped. Adjust to taste
- 2 tbsp cilantro finely chopped
- Oil to fry
To make batter, combine all dry ingredients well, all purpose flour, rice flour, salt, baking soda, cumin seeds. Add yogurt mix it well and the water to mix it to get thick batter. Add remaining ingredients such as ginger, green chilli and cilantro. Set aside for 15 to 20 mins. Batter must be light and fluffy.
Heat oil on medium heat. Frying pan to have about 1 inch of oil. To check if oil is ready, put little batter into oil. Batter to sizzle and come up but not to change color right away. If oil is very hot bondas will not cook through and will not be crispy.
Place 2 tbsp of batter into oil with your fingers. Fry bonds into small batches. Fry until its golden brown all around. This will take around 3 to 4 mins.
Mysore bonda to be crispy outside and to be soft inside.
Serve it with coconut Chutney.