How to prepare Mango Pickle
Recipe for Instant Mango Pickle
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 5 minutes.
- Raw mango – 1 (about 200 gms)
- Turmeric Powder – a pinch
- Red chili powder – 2 tbsp
- Fenugreek powder – a pinch
- Salt – according to taste
For the seasoning
- Sesame oil – 2 tbsp
- Asoefaedita – 1 pinch
- Mustard seeds -1 tbsp
- Curry Leaves – 1 sprig
- Wash mango under running water to get rid of all impurities and other dirt. Wipe the mangoes to dry with towel.
- Cut the mangoes into small pieces with the skin.
- Add tumeric powder, chilli powder, fenugreek powder into the mango pieces. Mix everything well. Taste the mix and add even more spices if needed.
- Heat sesame oil in a tadka pan, make it to smoking point. Add mustard seeds, asafoetida and curry leaves.
- When mustard seeds splutter up then pour over to the mango pieces.
- Mix well with dry spoon. Transfer in a clean container. Serve it but if you rest for an hour then tastes even more good.