How to make Kerala Beef Roast
- ¾ kg Beef cleaned and cut into cubes
- 1 tbsp. black pepper powder
- 1 tsp. Turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp. Red chilli powder
- 3-4 tbsp. Coriander Powder
- 1-2 tomatoes finely chopped
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 ½ tbsp. ginger chopped
- 1 ½ tbsp. garam masala
- 2 onions medium finely chopped
- 4 green chillies split (less or more)
- 9 No.s Pearl onions (Cheriya ulli) crushed
- ¼- ½ cup grated coconut slightly fried (without oil)
- 1 sprig curry leaves
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- Coconut Oil
- Salt to taste
Marinate beef with garam masala, pepper powder, turmeric powder for 10 to 20 mins.
Into a pressure cooker, add marinated beef, ginger, garlic paste and add little bit pepper powder and add salt if needed and 1 ½ cup of water. Cook for about 4 whistles. Remove from heat.
Into a non stick pan or add a kadai and add oil and saute onions and crushed pearl onions until its translucent. Add curry leaves and green chillies and saute well. Add chilli powder, coriander powder and 1/4 tbsp turmeric powder. saute it for few mins. Add tomatoes and cook untils its done. At this time you must open cooker and check whether the beef is cooked or not.
One tomatoes are done and add beef along with leftover water into the cooker and cover and cook for about 15 mins. Once gravy get thickens, add friend coconut pieces. Cook for about 5 mins on low flame. Check for salt. Remove it from heat and garnish it with coriander leaves.
Serve it hot with chapathi, parotta or rice
Here im having it with Chapathi which goes yummy.