How to make Chettinad Nethili Karuvadu Mango curry
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time : 30 to 40 mins
Serves : 5 to 6
- Dried Anchovies / Nethili Meen Karuvadu – around 10 to 15
- Oil – 4 tbsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku – 1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste -1 tbsp
- Curry leaves and coriander leaves a handful
- Onion – 2 chopped finely
- Green chilli- 2 slit
- Tomatoes – 2 large chopped finely
- Chilli Powder – 1 tbsp or to taste
- Coriander Powder / Malli Podi – 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi – 1/2 tbsp
- Tamarind Pulp – 3 tbsp or to taste
- Brinjal -2 pieces cut
- Raw Mango – 1 cut lengthwise
- Water – as needed
- Salt to taste
Soak dry and clean dry fish for 15 mins. Drain and remove its head and set separate.
Heat oil in a kadai. Add in chopped mustard once its cracked. Add onions, ginger garlic paste, green chillies and saute it well.
Add in tomatoes and cook until its mushy.
Add brinjal and mango and saute it.
Now add all spice powders and mix well.
Add in tamarind water and cook until its oil floats on top.
Once the curry starts boiling. Add in fish and simmer for 5 to 10 mins.
Add required salt and mix well.
Serve it with rice.