How to prepare Chena Mezhukkupuratti
CHENA MEZHUKKUPURATTI | ELEPHANT YAM STIR FRY
- Chena/Elephant Yam (peeled and cubed)- 2 cups
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tbsp
- Chili powder-1/2 tsp+ 1/2 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves- 1 sprig
- Garlic crushed- 2-3 cloves
- Shallots (sliced)-1/2 cup
- Pepper powder-1/2 tbsp(or to taste)
- Fennel Powder-1/4 tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Rinse the cubed chena or yam. Add tumeric powder powder and 1/2 tbsp chilli powder, water and salt and cook it until its prepared. Do not over cook. Drain it well and keep it aside.
- In a non stick pan, heat oil, add mustard seeds and splutter it. Add garlic, curry leaves and shallots and saute until it becomes translucent.
- Reduce it to low flame and add about 1/2 tbsp chilli powder, fennel powder and pepper powder. Saute it up for few seconds.
- Add cooked chena/yam now and saute it up for few mins or until it becomes brown color.
- Serve with rice.